Rooster with Bad Eye

ELoise

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
Hello. Joined primarily for help with this, though I must comment, nice forum, I will be sticking around!
big_smile.png

Well, I have a Pekin bantam rooster, a few years old, with a bad eye. It looks like it could be conjunctivitis, as the eye is kind of stuck together. When I originally saw it last night though (he got it sometime yesterday), he COULD open it but preferred to keep it closed. I can't see any damage though, but it could be possible he got into a squabble with another rooster (I have a few Pekin roosters that are housed together. I know this isn't advisable, but they are brothers who are not yet a year old and father and get on fine accept for the rare little squabble; they are generally even friendly with each other, even banding together to look after one of their chicks after the inexperienced mother stopped caring for them! I am confident that they are fine together with no more than the occasional 15 second squabble, never come out hurt). So, what should I do with his eye? He's friendly and I have no problem handling him; should I just try rinsing his eye in warm salty water? Any advice?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks! His eye is actually seeming to improve itself, though it had been going downhill until today. I appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom