Rooster with dodgy leg and funny poo.

Mames46

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2020
UK
My SLW bantam rooster, nearly 6 months old, is doing something strange in the mornings, his leg seems to be bothering him, as if he's trying frantically to shake something off it, it makes him bash into things. Also his poo is yellow and runny. He lives with another rooster and three pullets, i feed them all on grower pellets with a side of oyster shell for the girls. They've been on medicated (ACS) food until about a week ago, now they are on non - medicated. Their coop has a good sprinkling of diatamatious earth. The other four chickens are all fine. I have a video but looks like i can only attach photos unfortunately.

Have you inspected his leg and foot, including the bottom of his foot?

Also, please don't take this the wrong way, are you familiar with the "rooster dance" aka mating dance? I had someone that is familiar with chickens, tell me that something was wrong with my roosters foot. He was doing his rooster dance and was fine.

Last edited:
Well.. it could be a number of things, I would love to see the video. It could be bumblefoot it could be a mating dance and him adjusting to food. Heather asked the right question, have you inspected his foot/leg ? Does he seem sluggish and lethargic?

If you have photos of his legs and overall self and maybe his poop it may help. How is he other than that? Is he eating and drinking? How is his comb? Is he still crowing? How are the other birds?

Have you inspected his leg and foot, including the bottom of his foot?

Also, please don't take this the wrong way, are you familiar with the "rooster dance" aka mating dance? I had someone that is familiar with chickens, tell me that something was wrong with my roosters foot. He was doing his rooster dance and was fine.

😂 Now that you mention the rooster dance and how the OP described the issue that may just be what it is hopefully anyway. I am picturing it in my head and am laughing.

Back
Top Bottom