Rooster with infected toe, Been to the Vet need more input.

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Hi, My Rooster has a infected toe/foot, the Toe split right below the nail and is about 1/2 inch long ( This is on the bottom of his foot ) I noticed he was not moving as much and kind of was just laying around. I checked his foot and the foot was swollen and hot and it stunk, I cleaned it out and i put Neosporin on it and wrapped it up. The next day I took him to the vet and he gave him a Injection of something and he said it should get better, I soaked him in warm water with epson salt every other day and I also kept it wrapped and used either Blue Kote or the Neosporin. the Swelling did go down after a day or two .

I have kept him in a big crate by himself and it has been about 3 weeks and there still is a scab there. Should I stop wrapping it and soaking it? Should I get more meds? Thanks

Whenever I take one to the vet I feel like my trip that I paid for should include advice on follow-up care, that's why I suggested calling him.
big_smile.png
Can you post some pictures of it?

-Kathy

I'll stop into the vet today or tom, He is a farm vet but mostly for Horses cows and what not, Figured Id ask here also. I can try and see if I can get pic's with out help.

Back
Top Bottom