ROOSTER WITH INJURIED FOOT POSSIBLY LEG NEED ADVICE!!

melissa792

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 19, 2015
HI WE NOTICED YESTERDAY ILL ROOSTER WAS DRAGGING HIS RIGHT FOOT KINDA UNDER HIM..HE IS WALKING ..NOT REALLY HOLDING THAT FOOT UP BUT MORE LIKE CURLING THE TOES UNDER AND WALKING ON TOP OF HIS FOOT IF THAT MAKES SENSE..SINCE WE HAVE HAD ANOTHER ROOSTER ATTACKING HIM SO I AM ASSUMING HE IS IN SOME DISTRESS AS I READ WHEN A CHICKEN HAS A INJURY THIS IS WHAT OTHER CHICKINS IN THE FLOCK WILL DO.SO I HAVE LOOKED AT IT IM NOT SEEING ANYTHING VISIBLE BUT IM WONDERING IF ITS THE LEG..WHAT CAN I DO ??.I AM GOING TO CAGE HIM AND START TREATING HIS COMB THAT WAS INJURED FROM THE OTHER ROOSTER BUT THE POOR THING LOOKS LIKE HE IS IN DISCOMFORT.

I recommend you post in full detail at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. Sometimes Mareks disease starts as paralysis of a leg and accelerates from there.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Hopefully you will have good luck on the emergencies forum. In the meantime, be sure to isolate him from the rest of the flock. This will prevent others from taking advantage of him in his weakened state, but also limit his movement so he can rest and hopefully begin to heal.

Back
Top Bottom