1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Rooster with OCD

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NewToFarming, Jun 7, 2011.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Does anyone else have a rooster with an OCD problem? I have a silkie/ee mix that is not happy until he has all the silkies corraled into a corner!! He is driving me nuts! [​IMG] I named him Hank but have been calling him hitler lately!!!
    I even made a silkie playpen so they can go outside and have some space away from him. Well, he figured out he can get into this pen and immediately corraled him into a corner in there!
    Other than this problem, he is a very sweet boy who likes to be held and cuddled! I just don't know why he feels the need to put everyone in a corner like that!!!

2. uncle rico

uncle rico Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    maybe he's being protective of his girls??

3. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Do you think over-protective? If I don't physically take the girls out into the pen, they do not get out of the coop all day. They also have a hard time getting something to eat and drink in the coop because he chases them right back into the corner. There are other roos and I have rehomed 6 so far and another to be going very soon but I still have more to go. He even keeps some of the boys in the corner too that are smaller than him.???
    It seems like I have small flocks within the flock and the other roos will take their girls out to their areas they like to hang out and co-exist OK. I do have alot of space so they have room for this but Hank does not like them wandering out of that corner at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by