rooster with RED feet and legs, swollen/tender feet underneath also ( PICTURES!! )

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AlotaBitCountry, Jul 16, 2012.

1. AlotaBitCountry

AlotaBitCountry Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    Ord Nebraska
    my ruby rooster im noticing has very red legs and feet and his feet look a little swollen underneath, im wondering if there is something wrong because i have 3 buffs including him and the other two buffs dont have red. i really want to find out what is wrong quick so i can fix it, please help.. he is my favorite rooster.

[​IMG]
    (first photo, you can see my other buff hens foot by my roosters red feet...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (last photo the red isnt as noticable but you can see hes a little swollen i think, pretty soft)

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    It doesn't look like bumble foot? Are you sure its tender? That could just be his natural pigment or s little sun burn.

3. AlotaBitCountry

Mar 5, 2012
    Ord Nebraska
    its possible that it may be natural or sunburn i guess, but i just a was a little worried because hes the only one and these are my first set of chickens/rooster im raising, just want to be sure... so you think its okay?

4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. AlotaBitCountry

Mar 5, 2012
    Ord Nebraska
    oh alright, that might make sense then. he is only like 6 months old and just started crowing and liking the hens, so maybe its hormones

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by