1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster with red raw legs. ... mites?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by alleyoop23, Apr 27, 2016.

1. alleyoop23

alleyoop23 New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    [​IMG] I rescued this stray rooster a few weeks ago. His legs are red and raw, scales on his feet are raised. Is this mites? I have been spraying with vetricyn, applying bag balm, had his legs wrapped with vet wrap for a week (changing every couple days) with not much improvement. Any ideas what this is?

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It almost looks like a bacterial infection along with scaly leg mites. You might want to try applying an antibiotic ointment to his legs.

3. 2crazyflockers

2crazyflockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2016
    Can anyone tell me how to make the paste that helps with holding in the area where the yolk did not absorb all of the way?

4. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Can You start your own thread at the top of this page? That way you will get more help. SallySunshine has some good info on how to help in hatching problems if you do a search in the box also at the top of this page.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by