Rooster with watery eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by IndigoRaven, Apr 24, 2016.

1. IndigoRaven

IndigoRaven Out Of The Brooder

So my polish rooster, AJ's right eye looks slightly puffy, and has a clear liquid coming from its inner corner that is bubbly/foamy. He is also holding his eye partially shut. I would take a picture, but he is acting aggressive right now (probably because his eye hurts), so I am having difficulty taking a picture of his eye. I was wondering if this sounds like some sort of respitory disease— even though it's only in one eye, and he is having no difficulty breathing— and if so, how would I treat it. He has also been fighting with my other rooster recently, so I am wondering if this just sounds like he cut his eye.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    It really sounds as if he has a pecking injury to his eye from fighting. Try applying some ophthalmic ointment (medicated if possible) to the eye.

3. IndigoRaven

IndigoRaven Out Of The Brooder

Okay, I got my dad to help me take a picture of him. His eye seems sunk in compared to the other, and its kinda hard to see, but he has liquid around his eye.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by