Rooster won't go in coop

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fopzuu, Sep 18, 2007.

1. fopzuu

fopzuu Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2007
    Maryland
    My "adopted" rooster won't roost in the coop at night. So we cleaned it out put in fresh straw, food and water. But he is still sleeping on the neighbors window ac unit.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    So, do they get a super-special customized 'wake up call' each morning?? They must be very tolerant neighbors!!

[​IMG]

3. fopzuu

Sep 15, 2007
    Maryland
    I swear he knows where our bedroom window is! He woke us up at 6AM. I work late and hadn't even been asleep for three hours. I had to go outside and lure him around to other side of the house! As for the neighbors, They just moved in and the coop is on their property-the rooster belonged to the previous owner. At first they thought it was neat- but I think the novelty is wearing off!!

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

When he's asleep through a blanket over him and stuff him in the coop with everyone else.
    He's very pretty, BTW.

5. fopzuu

Sep 15, 2007
    Maryland
    I've gone out late to check him out and he's a VERY light sleeper. So I think I'm gonna try to lure him in the coop today and keep him locked up a couple days. He has a run so he'll be fine, maybe just a little bored. He's by himself until I can find some hens here in Maryland. Poor guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by