rooster wont walk

minichicks05

Chirping
Sep 23, 2015
hey guys I have 6 chickens one of them is a rooster he is not moving his left leg at all.
he is also not drinking and is having green and white poops.
anyone now what this could be I found him laying on his side and his crop is a little firm. I really do not wanna lose my little baby boy I love him so much and I can not take to the vet right now
hit.gif

hey guys I have 6 chickens one of them is a rooster he is not moving his left leg at all.
he is also not drinking and is having green and white poops.
anyone now what this could be I found him laying on his side and his crop is a little firm. I really do not wanna lose my little baby boy I love him so much and I can not take to the vet right now
hit.gif
I really need someone to help

Can you give some more information about him? How old he is and any other info about how he has been kept. Are there any other symptoms? Has he ever been sick before?

Green poo can be a sign of starvation. There are many things that can cause the starvation. He needs supportive care while you figure that out. You should isolate him in a dark, quiet, warm place. He is probably dehydrated and needs water. See if you can get him to drink. I am not an expert, but can help you find help from people who know more than me.

Can you take pictures? That can help too.

he is 19 weeks old he has not been de wormed yet he is very big. he is kept in are barn along with our other 5 hens and has a run outside but there is no grass. I am now syringe feeding him water and his poo is green with like white cap all of his poo was green and soft looking I put him in a dog crate with a heat lamp handsome blankets. his crop is a little hard though so hoping that I will be gone in the morning. I also hope he will be alive in the morning
fl.gif
sad.png

The white part of the poop is normal. Green poo can be caused by them eating a lot of green grass and things. If it's bright green, that's a concern. You've done the best you can for him for tonight. Give him as much water as he will take. If you have chick vitamins, you could add that too. Make sure the heat lamp is not too hot. Warm is good, hot is not so good.

See how he's doing and post again in the morning. Give as much info about his condition as you can.

Birds will do their best to hide that fact that they are sick. It's very common that people don't notice something is wrong until it is quite serious. Hope he better in the morning.

You need to check his crop first thing in the morning. The crop should be empty. If not, he could have an impaction.

Is the leg broken, is there heat anywhere along the leg from the toes up to the hip? (feel the other leg for comparison) Any swelling? Redness? He may have pulled or sprained something and will need to be kept confined for a week or more until he can walk properly.

Back
Top Bottom