Rooster?

welcome-byc.gif
You have a cockerel.

Crap. We thought so but as newbies we wanted to check. Thank you everyone for the fast reply, appreciate it!

So follow up question: Our coop is about 20 sq feet inside. Once we get rid of this guy we will only have 3 young hens. Will they fair ok through the winter in lower NY state? I’m wondering if they generate heat together at night and if more birds would be better? Would adding 1 or 2 more help?

So follow up question: Our coop is about 20 sq feet inside. Once we get rid of this guy we will only have 3 young hens. Will they fair ok through the winter in lower NY state? I’m wondering if they generate heat together at night and if more birds would be better? Would adding 1 or 2 more help?

Crap. We thought so but as newbies we wanted to check. Thank you everyone for the fast reply, appreciate it!

I would keep just 3 for the winter. They have nice down coats to stay warm. Besides, if they end up coop bound for some time fewer birds is better.

I assume your city does not allow you to keep roosters? He is a good looking guy.

I think I would claim he "self identifies as a female" . Then they would not be able to force him out of your coop.

Back
Top Bottom