1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by adamsmba, May 1, 2016.

1. adamsmba

adamsmba Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2016
    Iam brand new to this and bought 3 bantams, 2 buff op, and one americauna (though after reading on this site it may be EE). I am thinking my Americauna is a rooster based on info in the forum. Can someone please verify for me? I would greatly appreciate the info.[​IMG][/IMG]

2. adamsmba

Apr 30, 2016
    One more pic[​IMG]

3. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Need better pictures.

4. adamsmba

Apr 30, 2016
    Hard to catch a still shot but here areally a couple more tries. About 12 weeks old[​IMG]

5. adamsmba

Apr 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

6. MMorganE

MMorganE Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2016
    Austin, TX
    At 12 weeks my rooster had a very distinguishing comb. And he was learning to crow. I personally believe you have a hen.

1 person likes this.
  7. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Each rooster crows at a different time.That cherry red comb at 12 weeks,I would say cockeral.Keep in mind,Easter eggers combs do not get very large.Is this chick cocky?

8. adamsmba

Apr 30, 2016
    That one got big first, feathers first, and has always been more assertive than the silkie bantams but I wasn't sure if it because he was the only one that is supposedly americauna.

9. burnout95

burnout95 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2016
    Mayfield KY
    I have four red rangers rosters and IV never herd them crow. Thay are very quiet and there very healthy. But I don't know why that wont crow?

10. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I would say that it is a rooster but that is just my opinion. Does it have any red on it's shoulders?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by