Rooster?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jeffking50, Jun 16, 2016.

1. jeffking50

jeffking50 New Egg

Jun 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

Do you think this is a rooster? We have raised this wonderful bird from a chick but I'm worried little Bobbers is a rooster because her/his comb is so much bigger than our other bared rock. Please help.

2. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Well Bobbers definitely looks like a rooster since her comb is pretty big. The only thing is I can not see her feet all to well but they look as if they are not to thick. If Bobbers was a rooster he would have thicker legs and sharper ends. To make sure he is a rooster I would ask the people on our what breed or gender is this? forum here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this all the best of luck in determining your chickens identity!
    Justin [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I agree with @Jucodeo that the best place to post is the breed / gender forum.

All the best
    CT

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm not so sure Bobbers is a roo as the tail does not look too roo like to me. Some pullets an redden up and get a bigger comb than others. Each bird is individual in how they develop. Please do pop by the what breed gender section where I'm sure members will be able to help you further.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bobbers seems to have grayer bands than a female that would have black. Also has wider white barring and yellow legs. Females generally have a dark wash down the front of their legs. But all of that can be immaterial. Nature does what nature wants. I would post on the "what breed or gender," thread and do mention Bobbers age.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Definitely post in our What Breed and Gender section. Hard to tell just yet. I don't see any hackle feathers or saddle feathers, but the comb is rather large. I had a pullet mature very fast and everyone here told me she was a he, but nope...she was a she! LOL

Good luck with this gorgeous bird and welcome to our flock!

9. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by