Rooster???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gojichicken, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Gojichicken

Gojichicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2017
    Rio Communities, NM
    Hi I have been looking all over the Internet to find out if this black sex link is a rooster and haven't been successful so now I'm coming to you all to find out. The other one I have doesn't have the extra skin on the face. If this is a roo than do I keep 2 roo's for 6 hens (I hope) or do I need to get rid of one? The roof I have is a white legh ornaments. Thanks for your sharing it's helpful to me. [​IMG]

2. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Pullet [​IMG]

3. Gojichicken

Mar 20, 2017
    Rio Communities, NM
    Yes they are but I don't know if this one is also a rooster, his colors are coming out more so than the other as well.

4. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Sex link chicks are so called because it is easy to tell them apart at hatching. She's a pullet.

5. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    2 roosters may be a bit for 6 hens. But she is a pullet

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. Gojichicken

Mar 20, 2017
    Rio Communities, NM

7. captainbeer

captainbeer New Egg

Apr 7, 2017
    Female for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Gojichicken

Mar 20, 2017
    Rio Communities, NM
    I get confused on how to reply so I clicked on quote lol lol
    Ok so does Pullet mean male or female? I'm new to this. The other sex link I have doesn't have any skin on the face so is there something wrong with the 1st one in the picture?

9. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    When you click on quote, the quote appears, and you type under it, so it's obvious who you are replying to...sometimes there are several conversations going on in one thread, that's where it comes in most handy. It took me a while to figure this out too.
    Pullet is a female, under one yr. Cockerel is the young male. I don't think there's anything wrong with the 1st one, there are always individual differences.

10. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Pullet means female under one year of age. And by skin, do you mean the comb and wattles?
    Sexlinks are called sexlinks because the plumage coloring is linked to the sex. Females are black, with some gold. Males are black with white stripes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by