Rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CluckCityChick, Jun 18, 2017.

1. CluckCityChick

CluckCityChick Just Hatched

Apr 20, 2017
    Va
    Hey guys!! This is my first time on backyard chickens. I have a white/yellow polish rooster that I would love to keep except I don't want it to fertilize the eggs. Any solutions? If no, would anyone like to buy/take it? I am in lancaster va.

2. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Hi there! I would suggest making an add on craigs list. Theres always that one crazy chicken lady the comes up and puts your chickens in her trunk. Another thing is Polish chickens/rooster are very popular, are there any auctions near you? Every time i brought a chicken to an auction they would never come back home. If those dont work, evr thought of magicly turning him into freezer nuggets?

3. CluckCityChick

CluckCityChick Just Hatched

Apr 20, 2017
    Va
    Thanks so much for the reply!!! Yes, I will look for an auction somewhere close by. I don't like the idea of killing the chickens that I raised from chicks but if it comes down to that I might. Thanks again for your input!!!

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I just gave away 2 roosters, put an ad on local trade/sell page. I had one bantam NN and one bantam silver penciled rock. both beautiful roos. she wanted both. They grew up together, and were friendly 4 month olds. they had not started to crow yet, and I would have loved to kept the NN, but to find a home where they were welcome was great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by