Rooster

Victoria1990

Chirping
May 20, 2019
So Saturday night something got into my coop and attacked my rooster but didn't realize it until Sunday morning he had just a small chunk missing from his comb I cleaned it off and put some wound care on it and he was acting fine but yesterday I got home and noticed he was sleep and standing a lot and went into the coop before the hens . He is usually very active and following the hens and always the last to enter the coop

Can you look him over on his entire body for any puncture wounds, lacerations, or bruises under his feathers. How big of an opening did the predator get in? Make sure that you can find it and close it. Do you have weasels or mink, foxes, or raccoon s around? I would try to get him drinking some water, and offering him some things like watery chicken feed, scrambled egg, tuna, or canned cat food to get him eating. Let us know if you find any hidden wounds.

I did look all over but didn't see anything on his body the only thing was bleeding was his comb and it was the side of his comb just a small piece . I will look him over again today to see if I missed anything. I have seen raccoons around

He may still be in shock, or might have gotten beaten up. Hopefully, he will continue to eat and drink, and recover. If you need to separate him temporarily in a dog crate, and bring him in to watch him and offer food/water often, that would be good.

Back
Top Bottom