Rooster...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Blonde, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Blonde

Blonde Songster

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    One of my Porclen D'Anvers is a Rooster![​IMG] i am so sad...

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have two porcelain D'Anver roosters (plus two Mille Fleur D'Anver boys as well). Why are you sad? Do you have enough girls for him? They're really gorgeous little roosters!

3. Blonde

Blonde Songster

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    i am sad because we cannot keep him. we live in the city and he is a loud little fellow...

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's too bad. They are loud and persistent every morning around here, for sure! I do love that porcelain color, though.

5. Blonde

Blonde Songster

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    i love their color too! i guess i'm not too sad 'cause i have a hen porclen D'Anver named Lucy is so sweet so that is fun:love

6. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    aw, I feel sorry for you [​IMG] I had to get rid of two of my roosters, not fun [​IMG]

7. Blonde

Blonde Songster

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    You Said it.

8. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    Quote:HAHAHAH!!!! (go check your messages, I sent you one)

9. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Songster

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    It is sad that they don't permit roos! There should be an allowance for it. After all they let people keep yowling, howling, bellowing, whining, barking dogs penned up outside. And dogs don't exactly recognize noise ordinances and stop their racket between 10pm and 7am. As a matter of a fact, I'm sitting here with a splitting headache right now because my neighbors pack of three huskies is "alarm" barking in competition with other dogs barking. I would MUCH RATHER listen to a sonata of roosters from dawn til dusk. And sleep in peace for a few hours at night while they're inevitably roosting. Dogs rarely give it a rest.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Quote:That is sooooo true! I've never been kept up by a crowing rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by