Rooster?

Here is my SLW 4 weeks old I think shes a girls but ive had my doubts though now looking at yours id say yours looks like a roo and mine just might be a pullet yet I thought she was really red but yours is much darker. Here is her pics I also included pics of her feathers ive heard you can tell by feather pattern also

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I actually have one that looks similar to that one. We call her Sophie, and she's very sweet. She has gray-white down on her head, though that is giving way to black. The rooster suspect has white coming in on his head and chest, and at the ends of his wings. S/he also has the wattles developing and the red comb. Sophie, on the other hand, still has yellow where her comb will develop. Interestingly enough, I have one SLW with a single comb (still yellow), and one with black where the comb would be. I have 7 total. Out of them all, only two are showing any red, and only this one has wattles developing already.

I have 3 SLW the one in the pic we call her Veda I really hope shes a girl because she is so sweet. Today she was heat lamp bathing in my hands ,sprawle out with her wings open and her head hanging over the edge of my fingers lol. The other SLW looks similar to her though she has less white and her rose comb is more orange her name is Willow and last is Kenevil and she has a single comb also that is yellow and she is mostly black with a few small areas of white. It is funny how different they all look from each other. Im not against roosters Id love to have one but I dont know how bothered neighbors would be so Im keeping my fingers crossed that Veda is a girl.

Back
Top Bottom