Rooster??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tmaxson01, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Tmaxson01

Tmaxson01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    This is one of my RIR's at 6 weeks old and I'm thinking Rooster. It has been showing some other rooster signs such as calling to the chicks in the evening to come in, being first to greet me and/or eat out of my hand and showing overall protective instincts. Sorry not the best picture but constant movement doesn't always mean getting the best picture. Below I have a pic of a couple more that I got at the same time for comparison.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    rooster

3. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    He looks like a cockerel, the comb is big and is well developing, it's also getting redder.

4. Tmaxson01

Tmaxson01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    Thank you guys. I didn't want another Rooster seeing as how I already have two, but this group is in a separate pen and he's becoming my buddy so I guess we've got ourselves another noise maker. I just love my Roosters though. Fortunately all my Roosters have been very friendly and just love being my little buddies.

5. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Anytime. [​IMG]Hopefully he'll be a nice one, after about 2 years you know they won't be aggressive.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by