Rooster?!

WOOO HOOO! :)

Yeah! :) We have been wanting one!!! Wanna show the kids the hatching process :)

Can you de spur one?! or is that bad to do?!

Jen

You can keep the spurs trimmed but I've never heard of one being totally 'despurred'. Plus, if he is a good rooster you won't need to do much with his spurs but keep them in check so that they don't get too long.

How do you make him a "good" rooster?! He seems really cool... We will go pick him up and then he gets a little loud and then he will settle down... I mean he let me take that pic right in his face... :)

I heard the silver laced are pretty good misdemenor right?

Is he def a roo? my friend thinks not... I am saying yes!!! :)

Yes, he is a rooster. You can't really make a good rooster, they are born that way. Some just are, and some just aren't. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

this is somthing my aunt tryed withher chicks at this age she had a st. run and what you do is you put all your chick in a hard floo (ex. bathroom, kitchen ect) then you drop a textbook in the middle of all the chicks all the hens will scater and the males will stay and lift their heads and look around. works 95% of the time. you could give it a try! good luck!
jumpy.gif

It is so funny that you should post this! I tried this with my first batch of chicks but I was told to drop a hat...a text book is awfully loud and could squish someone :) I dropped the hat in the middle of the chicks and they all ran to see what it was! I thought, oh boy, all boys!!!! Turns out, most were pullets but from living in my kitchen, with all the noise, dogs, tv, etc..they were used to noise and strange things and found them more interesting than frightning! So, if you spend a lot of time with your chicks, this 'trick', in my experience, doesn't work very well :)

this is somthing my aunt tryed withher chicks at this age she had a st. run and what you do is you put all your chick in a hard floo (ex. bathroom, kitchen ect) then you drop a textbook in the middle of all the chicks all the hens will scater and the males will stay and lift their heads and look around. works 95% of the time. you could give it a try! good luck!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom