Rooster??

nhbackyardchick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012

So these guys (or hopefully girls) will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I have no idea what they are...mixed breed of some sort. Our White Rock here "Peep" went broody over the summer and a lady at a local Tractor Supply gave me 8 eggs. We got 6 chicks! She had a variety of breeds, silkies were the only one she mentioned specifically. The babies are all varied shades of black, some have white tipped wings, some have a brown "partridge" coloring to the wings. Many have sparsely feathered legs. This one here is the biggest and has the most prominent comb. Maybe it's way too early to tell...any guesses. We can't have a rooster so I would like to know ASAP in hopes of searching for a good home for any roos. Thanks!

Ya, at three weeks that little guy is pretty much for sure a rooster with that much comb and wattle.

I can't see the others very well, but the one closest to the hen looks like a little rooster. He's getting a lot of comb growth very early.

That's what I thought :/ I'll see if I can get some photos of the others. This one definitely has the most prominent comb.

Back
Top Bottom