Rooster?

jenhawk9

Hatching
May 20, 2015

Thank you all so much! I read a lot of posts before I posted mine trying to figure it out. HE (I guess now, Luigi) has a "brother" (Mario, who looks exactly like him except no brown on the wings) who started to crow recently. I figured that was the sure sign but I was still in some denial because I wanted hens so badly!

They are just the sweetest little animals and now I definitely can't part with them. Do you all think I will need to separate them at some point? They "fight" each other from time to time but it looks more like playing at this point. They shared the same living space since they were peeps and they seem to get upset if they are separated. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you all so much! I read a lot of posts before I posted mine trying to figure it out. HE (I guess now, Luigi) has a "brother" (Mario, who looks exactly like him except no brown on the wings) who started to crow recently. I figured that was the sure sign but I was still in some denial because I wanted hens so badly!

They are just the sweetest little animals and now I definitely can't part with them. Do you all think I will need to separate them at some point? They "fight" each other from time to time but it looks more like playing at this point. They shared the same living space since they were peeps and they seem to get upset if they are separated. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Are they the only two chickens you will be having? Without females around to raise the stakes, bachelor males often live together quite happily. If there are females involved, though, you'll need to have enough to go round or house your young men separately and away from the sight of the girls.

Are they the only two chickens you will be having?  Without females around to raise the stakes, bachelor males often live together quite happily.  If there are females involved, though, you'll need to have enough to go round or house your young men separately and away from the sight of the girls.

Very good point! I would love to have had hens. Now knowing that, definitely we won't have them at least any time soon. Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom