Roosters are distressing one hen

Kikiana3

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2019
Our Roos seem to have a favorite. She was the favorite of our original too and never seemed bothered by it. Her chicks just got to the age of laying and sadly 2 of the 8 turned out to be Roos. One of those Roos has decided she is his favorite as well and has really been making her back bare. She seems distressed. We’re planning to eat the new mean Roo as he has been causing other issues as well but my concern is how to help my distressed hen?

Our Roos seem to have a favorite. She was the favorite of our original too and never seemed bothered by it. Her chicks just got to the age of laying and sadly 2 of the 8 turned out to be Roos. One of those Roos has decided she is his favorite as well and has really been making her back bare. She seems distressed. We’re planning to eat the new mean Roo as he has been causing other issues as well but my concern is how to help my distressed hen?
Segregate her or put a saddle on her

If you are able to, try isolating her away from the others for a few days. And if possible. Only have one rooster around. He will take care of your hens and continue to breed but it will not be stressful for the hen.

Back
Top Bottom