Roosters breaking each other's legs?

2mnypets

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 11, 2007
Saucier, Mississippi
I received an email stating that she had 3 roo's and one ended up with both legs broken and the second roo had one broken leg and the dominent roo is fine. I've never experienced this happening with my roos. Does this happen often, and am I just lucky or what?

Yes, I'm with Silkiechicken, never heard of that before. They can get pretty rough with each other, but not to the point of breaking legs. How could a rooster break another roosters leg?? Very strange.

did she raise them from babies or buy them? were they fighting cocks or from fighting cock stock? that is the first thing that came to my mind. just as some people breed for show quality, others have bred for aggression. so is it possible she got a strain of these?

Honestly, I'm not sure pickles. I wrote the thread as it was written to me. I've never encountered this before and never heard of this happening....EVER! I was floored when I read the email. I first thought that that's the weirdest email I've ever read. Have not gotten a response yet from the questions asked. Just thought I'd get some answers from the folks I trust the most.

oh. you mean like it's a prank? oh. i live in a state with a lot of cockfighting which is why that came to mind.

I'm not sure. The email is real and the way it sounds, it doesn't sound like the owner is the leg breaker but I can't guarantee that someone else didn't come on her property and do it. My friend and I were just trying to figure out how 2 out of 3 roosters got their leg or legs broke. The lady that emailed me is beside herself with grief.

in cockfighting, roosters really will break each other's legs. then they will go for the rest. i'm not saying that she was doing that, just wondering if a strain got into the one who was the aggressor. of course, not saying it couldn't be aggressive humans, either.

I have no idea. Awaiting a response on what breed or breeds the roo's are. I just never heard of such a thing before. I didn't even know that roosters could hurt each other like that. I shudder at the thought.

Back
Top Bottom