1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster's First Crow Video

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HEChicken, Nov 10, 2009.

1. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Since browsing the BYC forum, I've heard people try to describe their rooster's first attempts at crowing. I've kept chooks on and off most of my life but never before had a rooster. My BO is now 16-17 weeks old and crowed for the very first time yesterday. I decided to video it for anyone else who is curious about what those first attempts sound like. Here is a link to the very short video on YouTube:

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Okay, now THAT is hilarious! [​IMG]

3. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    [​IMG] He's got a ways to go yet!!

The first of my roosters who crowed was pretty good! After a day he was crowing like a pro- the classic "er-er-er--rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"! Neck straining, on his tippie toes. Roosters crack me up! [​IMG]

4. lovemychicns

lovemychicns Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    He is so cute. I have a BO boy that just crowed for the first time as well. It looks like it takes for much effort. LOL

5. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    That's it??!!!???? [​IMG]

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] My exact thought!! He is too cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by