Roosters going at it.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by digger MN, Dec 29, 2010.

1. digger MN

digger MN Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    What can I do I got 11 hens and 2 roosters. The hens are laying 9 to 11 eggs each day. The two roosters got into it today when I was at work. The white one had a little blood on it when I went out to put them away for the night. So I looked around and found other rooster hideing in a corner of the coop. I picked him up and he was bleeding from all the combs and woggles he had. We no he lost. He is a RIR. Nice looking chicken I think, anyway I was going to put then out for the count but desided to let them be tonight. Will the hens get fighting if I off bouth roosters??????? Should I off one and keep the other?? Can not deside what to do. I also have 2 very young roosters 1 is a silkie the other allot bigger have no real idea what it is. It dose sound like a coyote houling at night when it crows. They are about 3 months old and by there selfs now. To off or not to off. HELP.

Thanks

2. powerline

powerline Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2008
    They should settle down. The loser will be very submissive to the dominate cock for a while. And, the dominate cock will bully it as well. In time they will settle down and be ok around each other.

3. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    Quote:I very much agree! The dust will settle and the new social order will suite your needs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by