Roosters in town and sex links

Yes.
I rest cleaned carcass in the fridge for 2-4 days before cooking or freezing.

Well that explains a lot. The lady that did my butchering assured me those 4 and 5 year old roos could go straight in the freezer and they were tough and stringy. I rested my young ones, mostly by accident because I planned to cook them and just didn't get to them right away, and they were delicious! Lesson learned. Thanks!

There's a rooster on the https://vr-homestead.business.site/ I followed a link from this thread to that is identified as a "deathlayer" rooster and looks very much like this guy.
Ok maybe he doesn't look like most purebred barred rocks but I had a purebred barred rooster that looked alot like him. It was actually his uncle.
20171101_135822.jpg

So.... to OP.... you made a mistake, or got ripped off, your first time out, and inadvertently purchased roos when you expected something different, right? But you seem to have no sympathy, tolerance or understanding when the same thing happens to other newbies. As I've read this thread in all one sitting, it sounds like others have had the same experience as you - they got burned once, and learned from it and are now doing things differently. Just like you! Nobody, it seems, goes back and tries the same thing again, year after year, and goes, "Darn! They did it to me AGAIN!" They learn, they study, they educate themselves, they try different breeds, etc.

I think you need to cut people some slack. And maybe have this conversation with your mom. This is, after all, really about her, isn't it?

Yeah I suppose

Are you saying you see a Deathslayer rooster on the https://vr-homestead.business.site/ site? Which one? I don't see one listed there.
Down at the bottom of the page, he's in a cage. Marked very much like the one in the first comment. Deathlayer was the tiny caption when I examined the picture of the bird in the cage. No s after death, although now deathslayer would be some kinda rooster yes? :)

Back
Top Bottom