Roosters MUST go ASAP :( NE Philli PA

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BloominOrchid, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    So its official My Roos must go. They are breaking the noise ordnance [​IMG]

You must put this ad in the proper auction format in Buy/Sell/Auction. No one will see them here in the wrong section.

2. BloominOrchid

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    [​IMG]
    Silkie
    [​IMG]
    red cochin & EE in back
    [​IMG]
    EE

3. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    I'm sorry to hear it. If I was closer I would help you out and foster them... so sorry.

SOMEBODY in PA help! I really get upset when animals have to "get removed".

Do you have a local trade you could take them to? We have alot of those things around here. Just show up and people will buy your birds. If you put "free" out there I bet it wouldn't take anytime to find them someone... although some would just turn around and sell them.

Good luck!

4. cobrien

cobrien Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    If you don't care if they get eaten, then I'd say you can safely post on CL. At least people do it around here (san francisco area) all the time and I did it myself once. I suspect that in philly like out here, the rooster police might come to get you when neighbors complain, but they aren't scanning CL. I'm not sure how to advise you to avoid the roosters being used for fighting, but since they aren't fighting breeds maybe that is low risk(?) but the dumb cockfighting people might not know any better.

When you post to CL post on the farm & garden section - not pets. You might luck out and some country folk from surrounding areas might take some.

If you do care if they get eaten, then you are in a bind. I am a city chicken keeper and it was very difficult to find a good home for 1 surprise rooste I ended up with, but I lucked out. With 5 --- that's tough.

5. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    I wish the city would take MY roo!

6. Jessie_Jazz

Jessie_Jazz Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2010
    Suffolk UK
    What happens to them if the city take them away?

excuse my ignorance; we don't have this type o thing in the UK.

7. birdbrain5

birdbrain5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    any idea how to get one to north carolina? i looove the red cochin, he would make cute chickies with my black cochin hen! [​IMG]

8. cobrien

cobrien Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Oakland, CA
    Roosters taken by the city end up at the animal shelter, where they have little hope of finding a home so would likely be euthanized.

9. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Can't you get them out to Lancaster Co for aution? I'd guess the Amish would take them.

10. BloominOrchid

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    Sunset (red cochin) is my fav too.
    They will be put down if the township takes them.
    Humm Lancaster has a auction or trade thing? where can I get info on that?
    Lancaster is about 1 -2 hrs from me but worth the drive, knowing they would have new homes.
    They are to little to eat being all banties ect the EE (who is crowing so maybe he can stay?)
    [​IMG] for a gogle search on lancaster auctions [​IMG]
    RE: CL - I have posted in farm & garden 3 times. all 3 times they were remove due to chickens being illegal in Philli [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by