roosters Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sarree, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Sarree

Sarree Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    I have an excess of roosters that relunctantly, I need to find good homes. Please don't respond if you can't give them a good safe and loving home. I'm in Akron Ohio.

$10.00 each, all approximatly 4 months

1 - Beautiful Black Cochin

1 - Golden Laced Cochin

1 - Aracana

1 - Light Brahma

1 - Barred Rock

Sarree

2. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you happen to have any pictures?

3. Sarree

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    No, I'm sorry, I don't have a camera except on my phone. Besides, I wouldn't even know how to put it on the computer. They really are all beautiful roosters and very healthy.

Also, I'm only able to get to a computer on the weekend so If anyone inquires I will get back with you on the weekend.

Sarree

4. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    Hi, Sarree! I'm interested in your Golden Laced Cochin. Please PM or email me. I've got a few ?'s. Thanks!

5. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Light Brahma -how old is he? What can you tell me about him?
    I have 15 pullets and I was hoping to get 1 roo out of the mix but it appears all are hens. I have 6 Buff Orp., 3 RIR's , 3 Barred Rocks and 3 Isa Browns. We just built an 8 x 10 coop and have a run fenced in that's ~70 x 100. These are our first chickens and I love every one of them. But I wouldn't mind hearing a cockadoodledoo in the morning. [​IMG]

6. Sarree

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    He is about 4 months old, tall and lanky, mild tempered. He is very beautiful, I would like to keep him, but I had the opposite happen to me, most of mine turned out to be roosters. We thought he was going to be a hen and had already named him Leslie.

He's mild mannered so if you have other roosters they might pick on him, you might want to consider a more aggressive breed, just a thought.

sarree

7. DottieMarie

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    But that's my problem, I don't have any roosters and I want only 1. Our birds are only 7 weeks old and I don't know how to introduce a new bird to the group but I'm willing to do whatever it is to do it correctly. I see our birds going through the pecking order ritual but only mildly.
    What do you think?

8. Sarree

May 18, 2008
    Akron Ohio
    I'm no expert but I think now would be a good time to introduce, the rooster probably won't bother them because they are so young.

Sarree

9. DottieMarie

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    I'm very interested, he sounds wonderful. I just have to decide if I want to make the 4 hour trip.
    Thanks for the input, I'll let you know either today or tomorrow.

10. DottieMarie

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Although I haven't seen a picuture of him, I have looked at images of Light Brahma's and they are beautiful. But, due to the distance (8 hours total trip), I'm not able to take him. Good luck with placing him, I'm disappointed but am sure he'll get a good home.
    Thanks for the information.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by