roosters or hens?

Hi
I have just joined all the way from the arabian gulf.
My son was given this beautiful white bird.We are not sure whether its a roo or a pull???I guess its a lt brahma but I may be wrong.I grew up with hens and roos in the UK and its such a joy to have been give this one after all these years.We wanted to buy a companion but dont know whether to buy a roo or a hen??Eastern province saudi arabia...desert bird
1f609.png

please help.

Welcome to BYC, I'm thinking roo it has feathered feet so you can get away with having less hens because feather footed breeds tend to be easier on the hens backs, and as for chicken math wait till it hits you, you'll want more after you get your first few.

Langshan...mm?I have to look that one up
1f60a.png

well they have alot over here.You just have to take a walk through the early morning Friday street market.Ofcourse the locals have their own names for them...there are bantams as well as large buffs.Beautiful tall multi coloured cocks that are bought up by the filipinos...probably for fighting..Black turkey like brids with white specks that they refer to as malaysian chickens.????
ducks , doves , pigeons and geese you name it.They also have dozens of well fed white chickens for the pot!
I ahould take a few photos of the market and post some...quite a sight in the center of town.You would have to go back in time to see aomething like that back in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom