ROOSTERS & POOP I think you need 2 new topics to your sections list

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Mystic Chix, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Mystic Chix

Mystic Chix Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2010
    Mystic
    Would love to see an area with information dedicated to roosters.... and how to raise/manage them as mine is going to be headed for the pot I think...
    And poop... I think people would appreciate information on removal/usage and coop design ideas for easy cleaning...
    Just an idea....
    Thanks for listening...

2. I agree with the rooster one!! There are lots of questions on them!

I am not sure about Poop though.. Maybe in managing your flock..

3. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    There is a lot of talk about roosters in the flock management section, if that helps.

As to the poop and what to do about it, well, you mentioned a couple of things. We have a Coop design section that talks a lot about how to manage poop.

Here's a great page about the Deep Litter Method: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=1560-DLM

Don't
    forget to check out the learning center, which has a lot of information that is sometimes hard to find in the regular threads. https://www.backyardchickens.com/lcenter.html

I
    have no control over when or whether new sections are created, but i hope this might help you some.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:I don't really think we need 2 extra sections, my reasons.

-Managing your roosters is part of flock management
    -Poop, inspecting poop, telling the difference of poop is part of Flock Management
    -You could also ask questions about poop cleaning in Coop section of this forum as well as Managing your Flock section too.

I hope this helped. [​IMG]

5. Mystic Chix

Mar 8, 2010
    Mystic
    Quote:I don't really think we need 2 extra sections, my reasons.

-Managing your roosters is part of flock management
    -Poop, inspecting poop, telling the difference of poop is part of Flock Management
    -You could also ask questions about poop cleaning in Coop section of this forum as well as Managing your Flock section too.

I hope this helped. [​IMG]

Since I'm new here... I get that you don't need poop...
    but I know I haven't read much about roos as a "here are the basics" kind of info. Would love to know what they're thinking.... and where I may go 'wrong' if not aware of their pea brained idea of my roll in their existence....
    so where do I find the afore mentioned
    "Flock Management". I'm gathering it's something to read not just a forum for questions....????
    Thanks for your time, and help.

6. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    Well, the flock management section is still a forum, but it has lots of great information.

Someone had written a really great rooster page, but now i can't seem to find it. Does anyone know what i'm talking about? It included tips for correcting an ornery rooster, etc.

7. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    well, poop can also be in the emergencies/diseases section too!

8. Mystic Chix

Mar 8, 2010
    Mystic
    Quote:That's just what I'm looking for!!!! I wish those "really good pages" would be kept in a file of sorts. I found a really good page yesterday with details for killing,cleaning plucking...and I have some other topics that I keep in a folder now... It would be nice if BYC had a folder like that too... oh well. If you find it.. I could use it!
    Thanks for the reply

9. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    when you have a specific question about roos or about poop... simply start a new thread with that question... if you want general knowledge.... start a thread asking for that... people love to talk/type lol... and there are plenty of opinions to float around here lol

10. Mystic Chix

Mar 8, 2010
    Mystic
    Quote:Thanks for the suggestion. I've got a question with roos up now since I think mine is hopelessly in hate with me...for what I'm not sure.... What ever happened to "don't bite the hand that feeds you" ??? I just found a home for him a minute ago...so problem solved...
    Love your quote... Dogs are best!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by