1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roosters to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Menagerie, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Menagerie

Menagerie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Trying to thin my flock...too many roos. Roscoe a barred jersey giant/cochin mix - few feathers on legs & brother Jethro beautiful black jersey/cochin mix - clean legs. Both 2 years and non aggressive. I am located in PA 25 miles NW of Philadelphia.

2. Menagerie

Apr 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
  3. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    WOW!!!! Too bad I have too many roos as it is, cause those boys are gorgeous!!

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are beautiful, what are their temperments like?

5. Menagerie

Apr 16, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Both are nice roosters. They do come around you but will try to run if they think you are going to catch them. They have never tried to peck or kick adults or the kids. They are use to being around dogs and might be to comfortable with dogs:) They are friendly when you pick them up. Will come up to eat out of my hand. They are currently 2nd and 3rd string rooster and would love to have their own flock of hens. Their Dad Skunk is top man and doesn't let the boys get around the hens very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by