ROOSTERS!! UNDERAPPRECIATED!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rocky Rhodes, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Rocky Rhodes

Rocky Rhodes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    So many times I read posts where folks are so disappointed that they have wound up with a rooster. I would like to hear from some folks who LOVE roosters!! I have three adult roosters right now plus several young cockerels that I am growing out, some of which will be future breeders. I love the beautiful feathering, the awesome colors and yes the wonderful sound of a early morning wake up call. Roosters are awesome!!! Share your favorite rooster photos and stories. It's time for the underappreciated rooster to get some love.
    [​IMG]
    Zaxby, a Rhodebar rooster.
    [​IMG]
    Wheaten Maran.
    [​IMG]
    Cuckoo Maran.
    [​IMG]
    Crested Cream Legbar.
    [​IMG]
    Rhodebar cockerel.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi yes I do like cockerels my fav bird of all my chickens is a cockerel. He called Poppet ( I know not very manly name) but it suits him down to the ground I hatched him on 30th May 2014 and he has just started crowing. He is a blue frizzle polish. He's the most friendly bird loves strokes and sitting on your knee like a dog. Here is my little Poppet-[​IMG]

3. I show poultry, and my roosters are some of my favorites!!!

[​IMG]

This is my Modern Game Bantam rooster, Zancos. (It means "stilts" in Spanish).

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My roosters are my flock guardians, they are an integral part of the flock. My best rooster, Ruben, came from the pullet bin at TSC. He's very sweet.

5. Rocky Rhodes

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    Wow! I love frizzles. He's a looker!! He'll only get better looking with age.[​IMG]

6. Rocky Rhodes

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    Great name!! The first thing that I thought when I saw this pic is... He got legs!!![​IMG]

7. Thanks! He's one of my favorite roosters. He is actually very polite and friendly!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by