roosters with guineas?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Walden, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Walden

Walden New Egg

Sep 4, 2015
    We have chickens and guineas. Each have their own coop & run. We have 12 chickens in their coop- 11 hens and a rooster who is very protective. We have 11 guineas in their coop- mixed ages and sexes. Last week someone dumped a rooster at the neighbor's house and we ended up taking him thinking it was a hen. The next day he crowed and we suspect he's young b/c there is no evidence of spurs even poking through yet. He is a barred rock and is very sweet so far which is why i would like to keep him. I have him in quarantine right now but when the time comes to house him, I am wondering how he would do with the guineas since they are all under 6 months and this rooster seems young too? Does anyone have experience with mixing younger guineas and a rooster? I don't even want to attempt to introduce him to our rooster because he attacks everything that moves. thank you!
  2. ralph a

ralph a Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2015
    wallace nova scotia canada
    My quineas will fight with with my hens and roasters . I only have three guines and about sixty layer and few dozen roaster out side free ranging . I have tryed my guineas in with my layers in side and this did not work well for my layers . My guineas now and in the past are just mean birds. So if you try them watch them close .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by