Roosters ^^

amanda_dedi

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
I was wondering if anyone else has multiple roosters with your flock. I have four(Ponyboy, Hermie, Cullen, and Soup) and the last three are all Ponyboy's sons. So does anyone else have many roosters in one flock without much problems?

I ahve all of my larger roo's seprate, but i have two banty roosters in the same coop with 2 hens and they fight sometimnes..

Should I seperate them? They hardly fight and each of the have a responsibility. Ponyboy is the main rooster, soup takes care of barred rock, cullen watches over the hen sodapop and her four chicks, and hermie is Ponyboy's assistant:lol:

If it's not broke, don't fix it.
wink.png

I had three roosters that got along beautifully with each other, but one became abusive toward the hens and had to go. But the two remaining roos get along really well. They never seem to squabble. One does most of the crowing, the other calls the girls over when he finds a tasty treat and really looks out for them. I agree that it's worth a try, and if it doesn't work out you can worry about it later.

I have 2 flocks, a small flock and a large one.

In the small flock I have a RIR roo and a BO roo that get along pretty well, they were raised together.

The BR roo in the larger flock will not tolerate another roo at all, and would fight to the death.

If your roo's don't fight don't change anything.
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

If in the future they start fighting, seperate them.​

Back
Top Bottom