1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roosters

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Heidi, May 25, 2007.

1. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    What does everyone do with their extra roosters? I know the heavier breeds you could probably butcher in the fall before the fights break out, but what about bantam roosters? I have 3 (maybe more) bantam roosters and 3 heavy breed roosters. I plan on keeping my barred rock rooster, but what of the others. They don't free range, but are in a yard thats 50' x 60'. I have a total of 15 heavy breeds and 8 bantams. I've asked around and no one here wants any bantam roosters. Any ideas?

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi there, maybe try Freecycle if you have one in your area.If there are any 4-H groups maybe try them or maybe talk to the folks at your local feed store.
    That's all I can think of now, hope that helps ya. [​IMG]
    Miriam

3. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    It's too bad you are on the other side of the state. I'm in the Flint area and there is a guy who buys/trades/sells chickens and he would probably take them. If nothing else, maybe the stew pot they would go?

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Thanks for your advice. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by