Roosters??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hamiltonfarm, Aug 19, 2014.

1. hamiltonfarm

hamiltonfarm New Egg

Jul 6, 2014
    Can anyone confirm that these are all roosters?? It is time to thin out my chickens but I am so confused as to which ones are roos and hens. They haven't started laying yet but should start soon so I want to get the roosters out. I am hoping these are roos because of the tails, the combs are different and that is what is confusing to me. (sorry about the bad quality of pics)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    I'd say they are all roosters the only one I can't really tell for sure is the barred one because he kinda evaded the pics, but you got a nice bunch of roosters there. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. They all look like roosters to me. [​IMG] The only one that I'm not 100% sure on is the barred one, but it's tail has me leaning towards rooster.

4. Stiggy

Stiggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Not sure about the barred one, pic isn't very clear but the rest are boys.have a look at the barred ones rump feathers, if they are pointy then its a boy. Soft and rounded its a girl. However I think it's a boy

5. hamiltonfarm

hamiltonfarm New Egg

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Does this photo help?

6. I'm pretty sure that it's a rooster, the tail seems too pointed to be a hen.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them look like males to me.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    All of them are roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by