Roosting Baby - PIC ADDED

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Jubaby, May 14, 2008.

1. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    My new chicks are 1 week old today, and when I went to check on them, one of the Buff ones was sitting on the roost. Before I could get the camera, she had jumped off. But it was so cute! I'll try to get a picture this evening.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    An adventurous one! I love that. Mine are in the big coop now, and a couple have figured out how to get up on the 4 foot high roost. They look so proud. [​IMG]

3. hollyinpa

hollyinpa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Our six barred rock chicks are only a week old and have figured out how to hop up on top of the feeder when we take the wire cover off their little rubbermaid home. They are quite amazing little creatures.

4. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Mine are over 4 weeks old and I have 10. They just got the roost poles in about 3 days ago and last night I checked them before I went to bed and 7 of them were on the poles. They just look so grown up already. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    Finally got a picture last night. It just too cute!

[​IMG]

6. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    I came home one day when they were about 3 weeks old & one of my little polish/silkie crosses was sitting on top of the box......about 2 feet high! She would jump on top of the water quart, then up to the side of the box!

7. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    Mine are roosting on their feeder [​IMG] getting poop in there! Maybe time to add something else! They are only 5 days old!

8. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Your's is just too cute for words!! I love it when they use the roost, they think they are big girls when they're up there!

My 2 week old babies were all 4 on the roost last night. I got this pic...it's not very good because if I would have taken off the cover, they would have all jumped down!

[​IMG]

These are my two blue EE chicks and my two black sex-link chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by