Roosting bar 12" from wall. Check. But...

cathiesue

Songster
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
Collinsville, OK
I've got the first roost 12" from the wall. I've planned the second bar on the same level, not staggered. How far apart do the bars need to be from each other? I've got standard breeds. I've seen almost every other question I wanted answered but this one. :) Thanks.

Well, there sure are way worse problems to have! It's just nice to have roosts spaced so that they can't pick on each other so easily. I like peaceful!

Thanks wren! I'm going back to the drawing board on this one. I don't have that much room. I guess I'll have to go staggered which I was trying to avoid. Appreciate you answer.

Wish a draw a picture. I'm re-purposing a child's playhouse. The back of the coop is 64" wide. So I'm good for 6-7 birds, I think. I can go about 12-15 more inches out and then I hit a window on both sides of the coop. The roof/ceiling prevents going above the window and below the window is too low. I'm getting chicks tomorrow so It will be a few month before its' really an issue. I was hoping to keep them on the same level so I could do the whole "Poop board" thing.

Shoot, for 6-7 birds ONE 5 foot long roost is plenty! They will choose who they like to sleep next to. Problem solved. Make it wide enough 5" plus so they can put their entire foot on the board. Poop boards are cool.

Back
Top Bottom