roosting on outdoor furniture

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chick4chix, Jun 10, 2009.

1. chick4chix

chick4chix Songster

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    Hi- I'm new to posting but have visited this site for over a year enjoying all the info.
    Does anyone have tips on how to keep chickens off the patio furniture when they are allowed to free-range around it? They seem to find it as irresistible to sit on as I do- except with chicken poo on it it is less than inviting.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If they are going to free range, they are gonna poop on the patio furniture.

BTW... welcome to [​IMG] from all of us in AZ.

3. joedie

joedie Songster

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] I don't know but Welcome! You'll be glad you decided to join.[​IMG]

4. Mama&thePeeps

Mama&thePeeps Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Tennessee
    Welcome from me too. And I'm with the others. I think they'll go where ever they want to.

5. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT! Good luck trying to keep them off the outdoor furniture [​IMG]

6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Move the furniture or the chickens. Either one ought to do it.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

8. chick4chix

chick4chix Songster

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I just figured out how to read the comments to my post- This site Rocks! I was out putting a coat of oil on my outdoor table today only to look over and see two of the girls doing their "scratch dance" on the chair- leaving behind a token of their appreciation too. They are just too darned fun to watch to make them stay off somewhere where I can't see them. But I may change my mind if the maintenance becomes too much.
    After waiting and dreaming for years and years and years- I finally have my very own flock of 8 week old chicks:
    they are Roobe- the GLW (we hope she is not a roo) but she might be- hence the name- the most friendly and follows me like a puppy.
    Halo - an EE - she almost didn't make it- she's our miracle girl.
    Bratty bird- an EE - formally known as Betty Boop until she became a brat - she's hilarious though - her other name is "hit and run" cause that's what she does to all the others.
    Sweetie Pie- a SLW- she is sweet.
    Miss Kitty - an EE with a full muff- she had tiger stripes
    Peanut- an Ee - used to be the smallest and now almost the largest
    So there you have my little flock of feathers from heaven- I will post their photos soon when I figure it all out.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Chickens will surely like your patio furniture! Thats for sure. I don't know if there really is any way to "teach" them not to go on it. [​IMG] Oh, [​IMG] from S. Florida!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: