Roosts and Ramps

Spudlo

Songster
Dec 11, 2019
Port Orchard, WA
It’s said that chickens prefer to roost flat footed. They keep their feet warmer and don’t tend to get sores.

I’m letting people know about this stuff. I was making roosts and ramps while we were having a door installed. I covered the 2x4 and 2x6 roosts and the ramps. The ramp had the little 2x2 steps on it and I just covered everything. It’s water proof, kinda grippy, and you can disinfect it. My girls can walk up so much easier and no longer get bumble foot!!
866FE314-F6D8-4E65-80B3-F777E368FE0E.jpeg

It’s said that chickens prefer to roost flat footed. They keep their feet warmer and don’t tend to get sores.

I’m letting people know about this stuff. I was making roosts and ramps while we were having a door installed. I covered the 2x4 and 2x6 roosts and the ramps. The ramp had the little 2x2 steps on it and I just covered everything. It’s water proof, kinda grippy, and you can disinfect it. My girls can walk up so much easier and no longer get bumble foot!!
View attachment 2602271
I experimented with 1/4 inch rubber stall mat in lieu of cleats and it works great! The girls cruise up and down it easily.

Back
Top Bottom