roosts and windows

Stamper

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
My coop is coming along speedily (with some unexpected help) and I was standing inside it today daydreaming about my happy chickens and then I realized, I have no good place for a roost!

I put in lots of windows, low to the ground, because I wanted the ladies to have lots of good natural light and a nice view but it doesn't leave much roost space. I can build a roost, but it will be in front of one window or another and I was thinking that they preferred more privacy in their roosting space but I'm hoping someone could tell me that I am wrong...

Any advice?

I have one roost along a window. No big deal.

Most fight for the spot in front of the window in the summer.

Yea, if you put a roost along a window, the chooks can enjoy the view while on the roost! They'll loooove it
love.gif
I'm sure!

I gave my girls two options. I have one roost in front of a 60" x 24" window and the other roost on the back side of the coop away from the window. I have yet to put them in there but hopefully they will like one of there new roosts!
idunno.gif

Great! Thanks everyone!

The windows are operable and double-pained so wind shouldn't be a problem. I guess I just have to hope that they enjoy the view
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom