1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rose Comb Brown Leghorns

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BrackenFarms, Feb 21, 2009.

1. BrackenFarms

BrackenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    i wanna see what this bird looks like i have one ordered in from mcmurray please post

2. Kezzie

Kezzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Coastal Georgia
    I would love to see a pic too. I have one coming on Mar 2.

3. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
  4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I had a rosecomb brown leghorn from McMurray a couple of years ago. The last pictures I got of her were at 16 weeks old. Here ya go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a single-comb brown leghorn from McMurray now, and she is identical to the rosecomb except for her comb. This isn't a great picture, but it's the best I've got of her:
    [​IMG]

I think they're beautiful, but mine aren't very friendly, even after being handled a lot as they grow up. I think they're good layers.

Edited because somehow I added the wrong picture!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  5. It's hard to find pics of Rose Comb Brown Leghorns isn't it? Here's my girl at 9 weeks old.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. nfitzgeraldRN

nfitzgeraldRN Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2013
    Roggen Colorado
    Here is my Rose comb brown leghorn hen at 15 weeks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Here are some kind of poor quality pics of my RC brown leghorns, BTW mine are huge sweethearts. They talk my ear off all day and love to follow me around.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They usually hod up their tails prettier, but these are the only pics I have.

8. nfitzgeraldRN

nfitzgeraldRN Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2013
    Roggen Colorado
    For weeks I thought mine was a roo. Just because of the coloring and the comb and waddles have been red for SO long. Last night doing some research and found what a male would look like...What an idiot! Its def a hen!

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Just thought I would add, I evetually want to get into breeding these, I Think I am going to get more in spring!

10. dragonlord483

dragonlord483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    perrysburg new York
    I would love some would u sell eggs or chicks and if chicks would u mail them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by