Rose comb cream legbar cockerels

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by flyingmonkeypoop, Oct 7, 2013.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I have a few rose comb cream legbar cockerels for sale. The rose combed cream legbars are a project I started working on a couple years back because I live in a colder area where the HUGE floppy combs of the legbars get frost bite. These are considered pure as far as breeding goes, when bred to your single combed legbar hens, you should get some of both. My rose comb hens last year started laying at exactly 6 months old and laid right through the below 0 temps we had. The pullets from this same hatch started laying eggs before they were 6 months old.
    These rose combed birds are the same as the normal single combed birds- they lay blue eggs, auto sexing, same color/type, the only difference is that they lack the large floppy single combs and have a more 'northern friendly' rose comb that won't succumb to frost bite. I believe I am the only person in the world that is working on this project and I'd really like to get some birds out there to others to help broaden the genetics.

Cockerels are $15 each with discounts if you buy more. Buyer pays for box and actual shipping.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Pictures please. :)

3. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I will hopefully have pics up in the next couple days. A couple of them are free ranging so I still have to catch them.

4. flyingmonkeypoop

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Here is a pic I was able to grab while feeding. The others all turned out blurry but this gives an idea
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by