Rosebud Layed Her First Egg!!!! UPDATE/Layed again

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Aug 27, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Rosebud (aka: roorro) Layed her first egg!!!!! I am so excited... Some of you should remember that DH kept saying she was a he... Well... NOT... [​IMG] I had to take my daughter to school (ooppsss missed the bus) and when I got home, I went into the coop to see if any of them have layed yet this morning... and who do I see coming out of a nest Bok Bok Bokin... Rosebud!!!! I waited anxiously.. but paitiently for her to get down... and there it was... the most beautiful site... an egg all still nice and warm!!!! I started jumping up and down (didnt hit my head this time on the rafters) and telling rosebud what a good girl she was... I really need to go out and give her a special treat!!!!!!!! I ran straight in the house to DH and said NOW, do I get to break this over your head?????????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I am already excited about that first egg and my girls still have many weeks to go... Congrats!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Cool! Now, tell DH he must listen to us from now on, LOL.

4. greenacre

greenacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    Congrats on the new egg!!! [​IMG]

5. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] NO KIDDING Cyn.... too funny... I love it when we are right!!!!!!!!!! mr know it all... didnt know it all [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks guys... I am so excited!!! Wait till Cody (Dh's son) gets home... he was trying to tell me that his father knew more than me/us on saturday and that she was a he [​IMG] I told him Dad was wrong and that I was going to crack the egg in face when she layed to prove him wrong too [​IMG] nanny nanny boo boo...

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!!!
    Waste of a good egg though...
    Congrats on Rosebud's first egg.

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats !!! What a pretty girl [​IMG]
    She's a Buff Orp right? If she is, give her a week & she'll be broody [​IMG]

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

YAY! [​IMG] Eggs! Now you can make mini omlets!

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Hurray!!!!!! javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'');
    I'm so excited for you. It looks like it's a nice size to. Keep us posted on when the next one pops out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by