Rosecomb Bantam Brown leghorns

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rancher hicks, May 20, 2011.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Does anyone know who might have these? I know someone in MD who has single combs. She got hers the same way I did at the ALBC conference in Hamilton NY. We each got just a pair. But I can't find anyone selling them in either comb style. The hatcheries claim to have them but they don't.

Thanks

Rancher

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Lund Poultry has single comb bantam brown leghorns. We have some of their eggs in the bator now.

3. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    What I have are "rosecombs" and I don't know why they are so hard to find. They apparently are rarer than I thought. I have eggs in the bator right now. My hen has white legs so I'll have to work to breed that out of the line. I had or have a fertility problem too. I'm not sure if it was a temp problem or not since I tried to have a broody hatch them late this winter. None were any good and I've not had them in long enough to candle them yet. I like to wait 14 days but since they are white I might try sooner.

4. rancher hicks

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Well I set 5 eggs and of those two hatched so I think I'll hang onto them. Looks like one of each so that is good. I may order some eggs from Lunds next year if things go well. I'm done hatching unless a hen goes broody which the hen is now. She just hatched two and I took the chicks so she may go back to laying and we shall see if I have a broody to stick them under.

Rancher

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by