1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rosecomb bantam ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by dinahmoe, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    ok.i had a post up about 2 rosecomb roosters that i did not want to keep.i rescued them from a friend who had a dog problem.well i have had them for 3 days.they run loose during the day with my others(i have 2 very protective heelers)and i put them up at night.they are not overly friendly(can't catch them during the day) but i don't know how they were raised.when i pick them up in the evening they are calm and snuggly.
    my questions are-
    are they friendly little birds?
    do they get along well with others?

they are very pretty and kinda neat and i think i may want some more but i do not want any mean chickens.i love the looks of OEGB but its just not the breed for me and these are about the same size.anyone have any good or bad experience with these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    My roo gets along with my LF just fine, but they want to gang up one my hen. I just keep them in a sep. pen...

3. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:thank you for your info.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by