Rosemary Garlic Potatos

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I thought I would share this recipe.

I took a food saver bag and sealed one end. (you can use a large freezer bag) I filled it with fresh rosemary from my garden, garlic powder, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, potatos, about 3 tablespoons of canola or olive oil and cut up onions. I then sealed the other side of the bag a shook it until everything was mixed well. Put them in an oven safe patter, or whatever you call it. Set the oven to 400 and bake until the potatos are soft when you stick a fork in them.

We'll eat these with steaks cooked on the grill.

Here's pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    mmm mmm mmm (licks chops)

Hey, nice rooster towel. [​IMG]

3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Thanks! I got it from walmart (the southern girl's Macys). I have the whole set, the pot holders and all. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Can you put a freezer bag in the oven? I don't have one of those food savers, so I would do these in the freezer bag, or if it can't go in the oven, I'll use a foil bag. Look way too tasty! I have rosemary in my garden, too. Thank God it's so hardy. The rest of my herbs look dehydrated right on the stalks. The ground is damp, but the air is so hot, they've just cooked right on the plant!

5. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    I could be wrong but it looks like she just used the bag to mix it all....

6. Bubba

Bubba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2007
    You shouldn't be able to post good recipes like this unless you send BUBBA a SAMPLE!!! [​IMG]

Bubba

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Yeah I just used the food saver bag as a "shake n bake" type bag. Dump everything out of the bag into an oven safe cassiroll (spelling [​IMG] ) dish and cook it.
    We had it last night. Yummy! I didn't say how much of all the ingredients to use because it really depends on your unique taste. It's real easy to make.

8. That recipe works well in a foil packet (whole baby potatoes, fresh from the garden, are especially good).
    On occasions when the grill is fired up, that's where the potatoes get cooked too. I love aluminum foil [​IMG]

Lisa

9. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Me too! It saves running in and out of the house checking the grill, checking the other food, heating up the oven, all that.

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Hey Trisha, I do the same thing from fresh herbs out of my garden but I just throw everything on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil then all the herbs. Then just roast! We love roasted veggies. We don't care that much for cooked carrots but love them when roasted. You have good and yummy recipes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by