Roses spontaneously sprouted!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Gryphon, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    Apparently I have spring on the mind so strongly that I'm affecting the plantlife around me. ;) My guy got me roses for Valentine's day, and since I like dried roses I just kept them in the vase even though the buds and leaves had dried up (despite me cutting them under water and having more than enough in the vase). Well yesterday I was picking off dead leaves, and saw bright green! I looked closer, and found that all of the roses have sprouted at least one stem with leaves each. I think I'm going to go buy some rooting hormone and see if I can score me some "free" rose plants! :D

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Any roots yet?? Please let us know if you're successful getting them to root. My husband's grandmother could take a cutting from anything and get it to root. she had a special knack for it.

3. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    I haven't seen any yet, from what I've read if I stick a crushed up willow twig in with them it would encourage rooting. Since it's awful out and I have no idea where willows are in my area, I think I'll buy some rooting hormone. I'll take some pics when I get home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by