Rosie here... with 3 new duckies that need names...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by rosie316, Oct 7, 2012.

1. rosie316

rosie316 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2012
    NW suburbs / Illinois
    I just got a female Crested, a female Runner and a male Blue Swedish. They are 2 1/2 yrs old and do not have names. Any suggestions? I'm putting the pic in my Avitar. Open to all suggestions. Thanks for the help. -Rosie

2. blondiebee181

blondiebee181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    the male you should name Icabod, the Runner you should name Louise aaaaannd the Crested you should name Snowball (lol jk too predictable) you should name her Ivory.

3. rosie316

Apr 29, 2012
    NW suburbs / Illinois
    Hi Blondi!!! I was just reading your post regarding pics of Runners! LOL. I've yet to get close-up pics of them. They went straight to the creek when they got home here. Locked up for the night with my other "Dorks". Curious as to why those names? I like the suggestions. I was thinking of calling the crested "Macy Gray" because of her hair-do (even tho the duck is white). :) Besides, I like Macy Grays music!

4. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    I like unique names! they are also names I considered when I got duckies....ducks are so cool right? They are dorky! Love them!

5. rosie316

Apr 29, 2012
    NW suburbs / Illinois
    That's why I refer to mine as "Dorks" (even tho 1 is a goose)! I love the little boogers. Go into my photos and see how the first couple ducks and the goose were hatched from "colored" Easter eggs! Yes... we colored them before the incubator! LOL :-D One thing about my Runner. The guy said a raccoon got her awhile back, then I noticed... the entire front top-portion of of her bill is missing. Her tounge hangs out in the open. Not sure how the heck she can eat... but she has been.

6. blondiebee181

Mar 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Oy, maybe you should name her Lucky instead!

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Phyllis for the crested, they always make me think of Phyllis Dillar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by